“Every first Friday in December (except maybe not last year, at least not in full regalia as usual), Laguna Beach celebrates Hospitality Night. It’s a great “locals’ night” for people watching, live music, dancing, great restaurant get-togethers, retail shop and gallery specials and more, all in downtown Laguna Beach along Forest Avenue.
The 2021 Laguna Beach Hospitality Night event is set for Friday, December 3, from 5 to 10 p.m. Instead of beginning in front of City Hall this year, the festivities start in the Peppertree Parking Lot (located between Ocean and Forest, across from Second Street) where Santa Claus will arrive to greet holiday revelers before the tree lighting ceremony at 6:10 p.m. – this year on a different pepper tree than in the past.
Downtown Driving and Parking: The City will be hosting arts and crafts and holiday card writing to U.S. military personnel overseas in the City lot (across from Lumberyard Restaurant) until 8 p.m. Street closures in the downtown area will begin at 3:30 p.m. on Friday. Portions of Forest Avenue, Ocean Avenue, Beach Street, and the Peppertree Parking Lot will be closed to vehicular traffic prior to and during the event.
Schedule of Events
- 3:30 pm – Downtown street closures begin
- 4:00 – 11:00 pm – Free trolley service is underway
- 5:15-6:00pm – Thurston Middle School Band playing in the Pepper Tree Lot
- 5:30-6:00pm – Elementary School Choir performs in front of Santa’s Hut
- 5:30pm – Kid’s Activities begin in the Pepper Tree Lot
- 6:10pm – Santa and Mayor arrive on Ocean Avenue
- 6:10-6:15pm – Tree Lighting Ceremony
- 6:15-7:00pm – LBHS Brass Quartet performs on the Pepper Tree Stage
- 6:20pm – Community Concert Band performs on Beach Street
- 6:50pm – Anneliese School performs on Main Stage on Forest Ave
- 7:30pm – The Farm performs on Main Stage on Forest Ave
- 10:00pm – End of Event
- 10:45pm – All Road Closures are opened
Cover Photo credit: firstname.lastname@example.org