Ok, folks. I hope you took my advice a few days ago and have been hydrating with your feet elevated in preparation for the upcoming crazy schedule of activities in Laguna Beach this weekend.
Per this specific column, I can only list my 5 Favorites, a justifiable nightmare on such a great holiday-prep weekend, but stay tuned to the blog over this weekend (subscribe in the “Breaking News Alert) and you just might find a few others squeezed in . . . .
1. Friday, 12/3 – Santa Claus Coming to Laguna Beach. Our annual Hospitality Night is going on tonight, Friday, Dec. 3, from 5-9 p.m. Normally, it’s one of the coolest parties we have going on each year, and we have thousands of visitors join us to celebrate. While Santa’s arrival is definitely a plus, there’s a heck of a lot more going down. Click for all details here: Laguna Beach Hospitality Night.
2. Saturday, 12/4 – HUGE studio art sale. Since I KNOW you’re heading to the Laguna Beach Winter Fantasy at the Sawdust this weekend, make plans to ALSO head up the Laguna Canyon road another half mile for the Open Studio sale at the Laguna Canyon Artists’ personal studios. You’ll find FIFTY studios here! Click for all details here: Laguna Open Studio Art Sale
3. Saturday, 12/3 – 14th annual Tree Lighting in Crystal Cove. All those great, historic beachy cottages on Crystal Cove’s sand become one of the most stunning holiday villages I’ve yet seen when the lights come on at sunset this Saturday. Click for all details here: Crystal Cove Holiday Tree Lighting
4. Saturday, 12/3 – Cooking classes for your holidays. Martha Stewart’s got some serious competition in Laguna Beach these days. Get a head start on memorable recipes and menus for your holiday parties, buffets and dinners at Laguna Culinary Arts in the Laguna Canyon. Click for all the details here: Laguna Beach Holiday Cooking Classes
5. Sunday, 12/4 – Hey you Book Clubs of South Orange County: Time to party! RSVPs are piling into Laguna Beach Books for Sunday’s 5:00 p.m. party for any and every book club member (or wanna be book club fan or even just avid readers) in the area. Call the store today at 949-494-4779 and haul your entire club down for the festivities. For more details on everything they’ve got going on, click my previous blog: Laguna Beach Books Book Clubs Party
OK, that’s it’s for me today … heading back to the fridge for more hydration help. See you at these events this weekend in Laguna Beach!
I am arriving in Laguna Beach on Firday December 17th. How about events for that day and the weekend? Anything going on I should know about? Places to take the kids (13 and 14)? Wonderful local cuisine? Please advise. Thank you.
Hello my dear Tom,
I am so sorry I didn’t reply to this. Somehow it got piled under a bunch of spam, and we’re just clearing the rubble now. I hope you had a great time here and would have been happy to send suggestions. Let me know when you’re back in town, and email me direct this time, so I won’t miss you!
DianeArmitage@cox.net – thanks for reading!